June 9, 2005

Hillary Clinton for President

I tend to jump on presidential bandwagons early. I was talking about Howard Dean a year before anyone else had ever heard of him. Of course, I jumped off the bandwagon about primary time to vote for John Kerry, a decision I especially regret today in light of the revelation that Kerry did not truly do everything in his power to win. Release of his records could have shut down the yappy "swift vote beterans" in one fell swoop. It is unexplainable. And, I'm not the only amateur wonk who thinks so. I wish now that I'd voted my conscience despite the "I have a scream" speech and despite my concern that Dean couldn't get the job done. Kerry, it seems, did not do everything in his power to get the job done that I tried to send him to do. I very much now wish I had voted Dean.

With that in mind, I have decided that it is time to jump onto the bandwagon of one Hillary Clinton.

One could say (or rather, I am saying) that Hillary Clinton started her Washington career tilting against White House criminality. Papers she wrote as she served on the Watergate Committee led to three articles of impeachment against Nixon. I often wonder if this fact helped stoke the fires that led conservatives to lust for Bill Clinton's impeachment. Vengeful little fucks.

I also like the idea of Hillary Clinton for President because she was the face of healthcare reform. Somewhat unfortunate, of course, since that attempt fell flat on its ass due to politics. But the Clintons were the only ones who ever tried to do anything meaningful about this stupid, stupid problem.

I also like the idea of Hillary Clinton for President because the Clintons' record is, as of now, EXPUNGED. They've been exonerated of all but the most idiotic charge, and I think that one's been pretty well paid for. Let's run the Clintons with a fresh new record--no Whitewater, no beef futures, no more bullshit. Just good, common sense leading the way. Hillary for President, 2008.

No comments: