January 22, 2010

Air America RIP

Sorry to hear of the demise of Air America, but I can't say I am surprised. BORING is the only way I can describe most of the AA content since … Ron Kuby left? Definitely. I like the idea of Air America a lot, but could but I could not listen to an idea. AA started out like a house on fire. I used to go out for lunch and drive around just so I could catch a little of Al Frankin every day. And after we lost our radio station to an ALL SPORTS TALK format, AL was gone already, but there was Rachel, which I Podded daily and listened to on the drive to work. Then Rachel left, and they added Kuby, which was worth a listen most of the time so I switched my POD to Kuby. Then they dropped him. I tried the others. Bill Press, a nice guy but boring. Maybe I didn't give Tom Hartman a chance. The one time I listened he insisted that his ancestral connection to George Mason made him an authority on the Constitution. (My Uncle George said was just a little too weird, and I think I disagreed with what he was saying anyway.) What's left? I always liked Steph Miller, in small doses. Gotta agree with Brady. Its no body's fault but Air America's. You can't tell me that they couldn't find talkers in the liberal blogosphere who were as good as Al Frankin or Rachel Maddow. They are both brilliant, but their stock in trade is good research, serious analysis and an edgy sense of humor that helps highlight the more egregious notions of the enemy on the right. How hard is that to find?

No comments: